Mandy Sickle's Reviews > A Bad Day For Voodoo

A Bad Day For Voodoo by Jeff Strand

Jun 29, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, read2review, paranormal, fantasy, owned-books, read-2012, reading-diaries-reviews
Read from June 15 to 29, 2012

I received this book for a honest review. The book is written from Tyler Churchills perspective of what happened. Tyler is your typical teenager, he studies hard, has a smart girlfriend Kelley, and a very interesting friend Adam. It all starts when his history teacher gives him a F without even checking to see if he got the answers right because he claimed the kid behind Tyler cheated off him and it was Tyler's fault. So of course Tyler is upset who wouldn't be when you are accused of cheating and you didn't cheat. So Adam sets out to get revenge against Mr. Click the mean history teacher. After a week
Adam gives Tyler a voodoo doll of Mr. Click and tell's him to poke him while they are in class. It's only going to hurt his leg.... Unfortunately it wasn't that simple instead Mr. Click's leg shoots off as if sawed off by a chainsaw, blood is everywhere and thus starts the bad day.

Tyler enlists the help of his girlfriend Kelley to deal with Adam who has clearly gone off the deep end upon the death of Mr. Click when the boys accidentally bent the neck of the doll. After tracking down Adam, they learn that he's gotten another voodoo doll this time of Tyler in hopes of trying to get Tyler to not tell the police that Adam made a voodoo doll. The trio embarks on a journey to return the voodoo doll of Tyler to the jewelry story where it was created. However it's not a smooth trip instead it turns into a whirlwind adventure full of blood, horror, car thieves, killers, taxi drivers, crazy cannibals and more. This story keeps you on the edge of your seat it's a non-stop adventure.

I love the way that the characters are written, you almost feel like your with them, because the story sucks you in so completely. There is so much going on in the story and the author does a great job of giving as much detail with out feeling overloaded so you can almost see the people and scenes at least I did. I found myself giggling through most of the book, my hubby found annoying as he was trying to watch a game last night, and I'd have to tell him why I was giggling. I enjoyed reading the book a lot, it was much better then I expected it to be. I think anyone who's into horror with a twist of humor would enjoy this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bad Day For Voodoo.

06/15/2012 page 1
0.0% "Can't wait to start it's next!"
06/19/2012
1.0% "Enter for a chance to win your own copy http://thereadingdiaries.blogspot.com..."
show 1 hidden update…