Sandra "Jeanz"'s Reviews > Tidal Whispers

Tidal Whispers by Jocelyn Adams

May 26, 12

Read from May 22 to 24, 2012

MY REVIEW
Firstly I love, love, love, the cover, the mysterious woman on the front. I also love those colours, as you will have noticed from my blog I love blues and purples! I decided to review this book as I enjoy reading anthologies, I always say it's a brilliant way to discover new authors you may not have read before. J. Taylor Publishing gave me this e-book to review, so thank-you to them.

Heart's Desire by Julie Reece
I did find this short story slightly harder to get into at the very beginning, but persevered and ended up quite enjoying the whole mystical love story. As always I do not wish to give spoilers so thought you may not totally understand some of my comments now you will understand them once you have read the individual stories. I loved that both were prepared to sacrifice things for the love of each other. Tessa does have some fairly racy dreams so wish to point out that this story does have adult content.
Did I enjoy it? Yes 3.5/5!

The Sweetest Song by Claire Gillian
I felt like I slipped into this short story straight away. Once again the theme has love and sacrifice. Poseidon and Aphrodite feature in this story.Poseidon is portrayed as a bit of a pervy old man, wanting Circe to fail in her task so he could claim her as some sort of slave/plaything. Again I am unable to say a great deal more as it would giveaway too much. Having read other work by Claire Gillian I had a good idea that I would enjoy her short story and she didn't disappoint!
Did I enjoy it? Yes 4.5/5!

Pearl of Pau'maa by Kelly Said
This story again was extremely easy to fall into. It feature two mer brothers, Harmon who has joined the army the more responsible one of the two brothers. Also Creeb who is more of a scoundrel, a gambler and not as trustworthy. The story also features Mike who is a poor islander who dives for her food and pearls to sell. There is a legend of the pearl to learn all about too.
Did I enjoy it? Yes 4/5!

The Undergarden by Jocelyn Adams
Oh, this one is a lovely heart touching tale. I loved the relationship that developed between Nixie and Wyatt. Also at the very end I love how Meera wants to speak to a "pink one" therefore possibly repeating history.
Did I enjoy it? Yes, loved it 5/5

So to sum up, this is a great mixture of Tidal/Sea themed stories. I enjoyed all four short stories and would definitely read more by all of the featured authors.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tidal Whispers.

05/24/2012
12.0% "hmmm :/ not sure yet"
show 1 hidden update…