Romancing the Book's Reviews > Beach Rental: A Barefoot Book

Read in May, 2012

Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reveiwed by Angie
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

Right from the get go I was intrigued by this book. A marriage based on a business arrangement? Interesting!

Juli is a great female lead character as she’s very strong and very independent. That may seem weird considering that she married for money, but don’t let that fool you – she knew exactly what she was doing and what she was doing it for; to provide a better life for herself.

Ben is a sweet male lead, something I very, very much appreciated. He doesn’t try to push himself on Juli, but he very much feels compelled to want to be with her, to provide a better life for her.

Ben’s family are the quintessential overprotective busybodies who want to chase away the supposed gold digger. But as I said above, Juli doesn’t scare easily.

You can guess where the story is going, but it takes a few unique turns that I enjoyed. There is some suspense in the form of a former coworker of Juli’s kind of stalking her, but it’s pretty tame.

I definitely recommend this book if you have an afternoon free with no kids, no husband, nothing to do but read ’til your heart is content curled up on the couch.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beach Rental.