Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl's Reviews > Vamps and the City

Vamps and the City by Kerrelyn Sparks

May 24, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from May 22 to 24, 2012

Book two in the Love at Stake Series and I have to say I love the series title, but am still having issues with the individual book titles. They seem to vaguely refer to what is happening in the books, but not enough to be an obvious choice. Book one: How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire didn't quite work, neither did book two: Vamps in the City.

But despite that little gripe, these are charming, humorous and cute reads. Enjoyable from beginning to end (except the ending of book one - read my review to see what I mean). Book two, however, got it right and I can't help feeling they will just continue to improve from here.

I liked Austin. For a human he rocked. And Darcy was lovely. The ending was predictable, but also unusual for this genre. Kudos to the author for trying something different and a little taboo.

So, all in all an easy, light-weight and enjoyable read. It won't be making my Top Reads Bookshelf and I'm never likely to re-read this series again, but it is fun.

This one gets a slightly higher score on the NBRS than book one did, simply because book one's ending just fell flat. No such issues with book two, so 6/10: "Good light-weight read, well done".
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vamps and the City.