Astoria 's Reviews > Breaking Point

Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons

Mar 07, 13

bookshelves: wishlist, books-by-a-favorite-author, 2013-favorite-reads
Read from March 02 to 05, 2013

The cover is as good as the first one.

-------------------------------------------
I love the cover art for Breaking Point.

I enjoyed the character development as well as the plot and pace. Ember's conflicting emotions regarding her mother's killer, as well as her friendship with Sean made for a nice and exciting read.

From Ember's feeling towards Chase, to his guild over what happened to her mother, and then Tucker. I like how Simmons introduced Tucker on this book. I am still not sure whether or not he is on the resistance's side, but I hope he is.

Then Sean and Rebecca's reunion felt a bit bittersweet to me. I loved it, but I hope we haven't seen the last of him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Point.

Quotes Astoria Liked

Kristen Simmons
“I love you, Em. I've loved you since I was eight years old, and I'll love you my whole life.”

Kristen Simmons
“I hated the distance between us. It left me unsettled, unbalanced. Like the good parts of myself were fading.”
tags: em, quote

Kristen Simmons
“He cleared his throat, fixing his eyes on the road. "Why are you looking at me like that?"
All the hard edges within me had shimmered and gone soft.
"You said I was beautiful."
He smirked and settled back in his seat. "I guess I did.”

“Let's see that wrist."
I held it out, and Chase's jaw tightened.
"Look at that!" the medic shouted, staring over my shoulder behind us. The moment I turned my head he grabbed my hand and jerked it toward him, hard.
A crack as the bones in my wrist realigned.”
tags: funny

Kristen Simmons
“Chase Jennings, I love you. I love the boy you were and the man that you've become and even when I don't like you at all I still love you because you are you, kind safe and good, because you understand me and are not afraid.”

Kristen Simmons
“I got almost eighteen years with you. The best eighteen years of my life.”

Kristen Simmons
“You didn't lose everything."

"Neither did you.”

Kristen Simmons
“Hush. Listen now. I need to say a couple of mom things.

Listen, because this is important. Eat more- you're getting too skinny. And smile. Oh, and don't believe anyone who says they'll pay you back later; they never do.

And one more thing, I have never loved one single thing in my life more than you. You were worth living for, and Ember, you were worth dying for.”

Kristen Simmons
“I remember who you are. Even if you forget.”

03/02/2013 page 32
8.0% "got my copy on the mail"
03/03/2013 page 72
18.0% "Chase is probably one of the few-lot- male characters that don't annoy me."
03/04/2013 page 256
64.0% "well, Chase, Tucker and Ember lock together, not awkaward at all."
show 2 hidden updates…