Christina Williams's Reviews > Blood of Eden

Blood of Eden by Tami Dane

F_50x66
May 23, 12

Read from May 21 to 23, 2012

Have you ever read something and you're not sure why you like it because there's a ton of stuff that should bother you but you just like it anyway? That's kind of how I felt about this book. I know a lot of folks compared it unfavorably to the TV show Criminal Minds but I've never really seen the show so that wasn't a problem for me.

There was so much about this book that was wrong. There is no way in heaven or hell that an intern would do all that stuff. It just didn't make sense. Just make her a brand new agent for heaven's sake and it would have worked better. I usually avoid novels where the FBI is featured because I know so much that the outsider's misconceptions of the Bureau really tend to annoy me.

Also, the case just seemed false. It didn't really work as a case but okay, fine. I'll just live with it.

The mystery of Sloan, her father, and the mysterious visitor did feel forced because it took a while to get there. I am curious as to where that's going so I may pick up the second one. I also an really curious about the whole Sloan, JT, Gabe love triangle. Elmer isn't a love interest but he really does make for an interesting fourth!

All in all, I SHOULD have disliked the book but for some reason, I didn't. I actually found myself wondering why I was so willing to go with the elements that could have bugged the snot out of me but didn't. Shrug.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood of Eden.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Arlene Thank you for letting me know which show had panties in a sad. I watch it and never saw that coming.. Must be slow witted. i too can say why I liked it but will check out book two, to see if it finishes coming together..