melissa1lbr's Reviews > The Notorious Benedict Arnold: A True Story of Adventure, Heroism & Treachery

The Notorious Benedict Arnold by Steve Sheinkin

Jun 28, 12

bookshelves: young-adult
Read in May, 2012

My thoughts:
Despite everyone knowing the name Benedict Arnold, I think few of us know much about this historical figure. I certainly didn't. And boy, does that title truly describe what the story was like! He really did do a lot of adventuring and the good things he did for the country are very worthy of note. The book itself is actually very readable for non-fiction and I think would be a good hit especially for boys interested in history and adventure. Despite it having taken me nearly a month to finish, I think it is a fast read. There were chapters about side characters that didn't interest me as much, but I don't think it was the fault of the book. It was interesting to read of his downfall and possible reasons why he would betray the country he fought so hard for. I didn't know anything about what he actually did to betray the US, but it was a truly interesting story. I was impressed by just how many events had to fall into place in order for everything to work out as it did for our country. Another unique piece in the puzzle of our history.
Full review at One Librarian's Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Notorious Benedict Arnold.