Pamela Detlor's Reviews > Luther: The Calling

Luther by Neil Cross

Jun 05, 12

Read from June 04 to 05, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I couldn't put this one down. While the content was dark and at times violent, I found it very well plotted. Neil Cross' introduction of characters at all stages of the book was seamless. I did wince several times during the book and had to skim at one scene in particular (in the alley with the elderly man), yet, this is a piece of "Crime Fiction," and darkness was expected.

I was not familiar with Cross or his TV writing, as I'm in Canada, and his program doesn't air here (to my knowledge). His writing grabs your attention and I found myself needing to know what happens next in the fast paced world of John Luther.

The characters are human - not perfect. They have flaws and demons which are not held back. I found everyone believable. This is a fantastic read for anyone who likes suspense, crime, and the blurred lines of good vs evil.

I would recommend "The Calling," to anyone who enjoyed the "Dragon Trilogy" and anyone who is a fan of TV shows like "Criminal Minds."

Thanks to goodreads and Simon & Schuster Canada for the advance readers copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Luther.

06/04/2012 page 161
43.75% "I received an advance reader's copy from goodreads/Simon & Schuster Canada. Hard to put down! Great Crime Novel!"
show 5 hidden updates…