Gabriela's Reviews > Aleph

Aleph by Paulo Coelho

May 21, 12

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aleph.

Quotes Gabriela Liked

Paulo Coelho
“To become really good at anything,you have to practice and repeat, practice and repeat, until the technique becomes intuitive”

Paulo Coelho
“It is possible to avoid pain? Yes, but you'll never learn anything. Is it possible to know something without ever having experiencing it? Yes, but it will never truly be part of you.”

Paulo Coelho
“Don’t be intimidated by other people’s opinions. Only mediocrity is sure of itself, so take risks and do what you really want to do.”

Paulo Coelho
“In magic - and in life - there is only the present moment, the now. You can't measure time the way you measure the distance between two points. 'Time' doesn't pass. We human beings have enormous difficulty in focusing on the present; we're always thinking about what we did, about how we could have done it better, about the consequences of our actions, and about why we didn't act as we should have. Or else we think about the future, about what we're going to do tomorrow, what precautions we should take, what dangers await us around the next corner, how to avoid what we don't want and how to get what we have always dreamed of.”

Paulo Coelho
“God only allows us to see such things when he wants something to change”

Paulo Coelho
“What hurts us is what heals us”

Paulo Coelho
“No one ever loses anyone. We are all one soul that needs to continue growing and developing in order for the world to carry on and for us all to meet once again.”

Paulo Coelho
“Only two things can reveal life's great secrets: suffering and love.”

Paulo Coelho
“It takes a huge effort to free yourself from memory”

Paulo Coelho
“To injure your opponent is to injure yourself.”

Paulo Coelho
“When we're focused on what we want, things begin to slot perfectly into place.”

Paulo Coelho
“Each time we embrace someone warmly, we gain an extra day of life.”

Paulo Coelho
“It’s what you do in the present that will redeem the past and thereby change the future.”

Paulo Coelho
“People never leave, we are always here in our past and future lives.”

Paulo Coelho
“That is what marks out the warrior: the knowledge that willpower and courage are not the same thing. Courage can attract fear and adulation, but willpower requires patience and commitment. Men and women with immense willpower are generally solitary types and give off a kind of coolness. Many people mistakenly think that (they) are cold (people) when nothing could be further from the truth.”