Samantha's Reviews > Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets

Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets by Cathy Hopkins

Jul 22, 12

Read from July 11 to 20, 2012

At first I didn't like the idea of introducing TJ - first off, she's wildly different from the three other girls, and by the time you get to four things can start to seem a little crowded. However, I quickly fell in love with her, as she's the character most like myself. Nesta, of course, is still my favorite; she's the inspirational one, I think. Naturally lucky in being beautiful, confident, and totally slick with the boys, she's how I WISH I was. I liked throwing in TJ because she's a different aspect. I'm always treated like one of the guys (probably my own fault, as TJ realized when Nesta did her makeover) so I started to relate to the books a little more. I may not be as in love with these as I am with the Georgia Nicolson series (only books I've ever truly laughed out loud while reading in a quiet classroom), I like Hopkins' writing style. For the most part, her life lessons are carefully and quietly weaved in (although they are a little more obvious in this book and the next one, as the girls have conversations with their mommies). I love my British chick lit, and Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets kept that love alive for another two hundred pages!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets.