Redheads Review it Better's Reviews > Chase Me

Chase Me by Tamara Hogan

Jun 04, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, shape-shifters, vampires, werewolves
Read from May 21 to 26, 2012

I was a little unsure of how I would like this book. It actually took me a bit to get into it. You can definitely read this book as a standalone, but it probably would of helped if I read the first in the series to be used to all the different types of characters and this whole world. By the end of the book though, I was flipping pages like a madwoman trying to find out what happens. I ended up reading it in less than 24 hours with little sleep. :)

Gabe. Where can I get me one of him? Sexy and smart? That is a diabolical combination that left me wanting to hunt down this man and make him my own. Poor Gabe struggles every day with an eye problem that gets worse and worse everyday. I just wanted to hug him and tell him it would be ok every time I read about it. He can't even shift into his wolf form because he will become vulnerable because of his eyesight. Even though I was totally feeling for him, he doesn't use it as a crutch in his life. Hell, he didn't even tell Lorin. She had to find out from one of her friends.

Speaking of Lorin, Gabe and her are one hot couple. At first, all they can do is be at each other's throat until the both secretly admit to themselves that they have the undeniable urge to strip the other naked and ravage them. With a little nudge, they take a tumble in bed and find they can't get enough of each other. Honestly, I wanted to claw my way into the book and join them the sex was that great. ;)

Through all the digs and bed olympics going on, they are also having to deal with an unknown danger that comes to life when Lorin finds a strange box that they think might give them insight to their past and how they came to be. Intrigue, sensual energy, and danger makes for an addicting combination that has you making more coffee to stay up late and get up early to finish this book. Now the only thing I didn't like about the book is the fact that I want to read about Gabe's brother and Lorin's best friend. *sigh* I guess I will have to dig up some patience to wait it out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chase Me.