Malin Friess's Reviews > The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles

The War of Art by Steven Pressfield

Jun 09, 2012

it was ok
Read from June 01 to 09, 2012

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."

This is Steven Pressfield's Thesis. He believes it is resistance that prevents authors, painters, entrepreneurs from truly breaking out into creativity. Those that have overcome resistance have paint the Mona Lisa, built the Golden Gate Bridge, and composed Handel's Messiah.

This 180 book has about 96 chapters each with short pithy..inspirational sayings about how to overcome resistance. I was not entirely moved and only give The War of Art:Break Through the Blocks & WIn your Inner Creative Battle 2 stars.

The best part of this book was that it had been marked up with pencil, underlined, and annotated. It reminded me of being in College and reading books that were past down in the bookstore from freshmen to freshmen. I always bought the book with the most markings..because I hoped it would help me understand something like Beowolf?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The War of Art.