Small Review's Reviews > Claws

Claws by Mike Grinti

Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: pages-200s, g-paranormal, published-2012, pub-scholastic, library-own
Read from August 13 to 16, 2012

Loved this! Full review to come.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claws.

08/14/2012 page 110
43.0% "She's been borged!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Gina (My Precious Blog) I found this one too, its available on NG. I really want to request it. I'm haunted by my guilty conscience and ever growing TBR, which is giving me fits! The one review makes it sound pretty awesome. The talking cat is supposed to be quite the character. I dunno.... did you request it on NG already? (since you have it on your no-self-control shelf?)

Small Review hehe yep, I just got the approval email today (which is what reminded me to add it to goodreads). I'm curious to meet the talking cat. I liked the talking cat in A Well-Timed Enchantment, and of course Taggle.

Gina (My Precious Blog) Yep, the only review posted talks about how great the cat is. That is why I was like, hmm maybe I should request this one, mainly because of Taggle. Then, if you check out the comments on her review. I asked her about the story. She says its third person, so I was a little scared, she gives the age range 4th-8th grade and the great part was she says I should LOVE the cat "Jack". So, I'm excited you will be reviewing this one. I'm going to be really, really jealous if this one makes special shelf and I don't end up getting gutsy and requesting it!

message 4: by Small Review (last edited May 21, 2012 09:25PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Small Review There's always the digital library! :) How many books to you have to review? This one doesn't come out until September, so you have a long time to read it if you were to request it now (I'm sorry, I'm a shameless book pusher!)

message 5: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited May 21, 2012 09:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) I have 7 to review before the first week in Sept. Dang you don't lie, "shameless book pusher" is so true lol! You are really making me mull it over aren't you! :-) Awe, all right! If you're in I'm in. There is always the strong chance they will deny me...

PS: I have three other pending requests too! This will be #4.

Small Review :D Yay! It's hard to resist book pushing :) Seven isn't that bad at all, either. You'll definitely be able to get it done.

Gina (My Precious Blog) I got approved today. Looks like this one is getting added to my list. :-)

Small Review Yay! Looking forward to comparing notes :)

Gina (My Precious Blog) Ok, for once, I am ahead of you in a book we are reading together, so I don't want to spoil anything for you. So, here are a few initial questions:
(view spoiler)

Small Review Can I read those questions now, or should I wait until I've finished the book?

message 11: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited Aug 14, 2012 08:14PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) You can read them now. I'm just pacing you with where you are at so I don't have any spoilers for you....

Small Review Oh good! I'll read them now then :)

Gina (My Precious Blog) Here are my thoughts:

(view spoiler)

Small Review I just finished this today. I'll be able to reply to your comment properly tomorrow! Definitely looking forward to talking more freely about this with you now :)

Small Review I totally failed at this convo :( I'm sorry!

(view spoiler)

message 16: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited Sep 02, 2012 07:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) Here are my thoughts on the spoiler free questions:

(view spoiler)

Small Review (view spoiler)

message 18: by Gina (My Precious Blog) (last edited Sep 02, 2012 08:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina (My Precious Blog) Well, thanks for the kudos on the discussion questions. Most of them stem from my curiosity of the book, or from me just searching for understanding and clarification.

(view spoiler)

One last question come to mind:

Some readers complain of just not being fans of "talking animal" stories. Do you feel this one is your run of the mill talking animal story or did you find it to be a stand out? Or better yet, a story which could be used to persuade a talking animal story hater to change his/her mind? Who would you recommend this book to?