Reza's Reviews > The Devil's Notebook

The Devil's Notebook by Anton Szandor LaVey

Jul 20, 2007

liked it
bookshelves: philosophy, occult-horror
Recommended for: people fascinated with the occult
Read in June, 1996

Another book written by the founder of the Church of Satan, Anton LaVey. I read this after reading the Satanic Bible and enjoyed it. I'm no satanist, but read it for informational/entertainment purposes. Kinda like how I read books by Bill O'Riley and Anne Coulter (both of whom are kinda like satan if you think about it!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Notebook.

04/28 marked as: read

message 1: by Xio (last edited Mar 25, 2008 11:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Xio Bill O Reilly and Ann Coulter would hardly agree with anything LaVey might have to say, let alone with the initial precepts of this particular way of thought...nothing is true everything is permitted? I *wish* there were more of these types around on talk shows!

Like P.T. Barnum, Ben Hecht and H.L. Mencken before him, LaVey zeroes in on humankind’s limitless capacity for self-deceit and self-denial. Included are instructions for the creation of what LaVey terms "total environments," or places of magical evocation, where the enlightened may escape the deleterious effects of contemporary existence.

message 2: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Williamson Bill O'Riley still sucks