Kandice's Reviews > Eva Moves the Furniture

Eva Moves the Furniture by Margot Livesey

May 21, 12

bookshelves: books-read-in-2012, fiction
Read from May 20 to 24, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I thoroughly enjoyed "The Flight of Gemma Hardy" by this author and so was excited to read another of her works. Unfortunately, this book was disappointing especially after having just read Livesey’s other book. This book was the opposite of "The Flight" in every way possible. While Gemma had a difficult life that eventually got better and had a happy ending, Eva has a fairly happy life with a terrible ending. The worst part was that there was no reason for the ending except to perpetuate the negative aspects of Eva’s life onto her child’s life. Keeping in mind that this was a much earlier work of Livesey’s, I will consider reading her next novel. However, I believe I will skip any past works even though I had planned to read several others. This is rather disappointing since I was excited about finding Livesey as a new author. Hopefully her future books will prove as good as "The Flight".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eva Moves the Furniture.