Diana's Reviews > A Disobedient Girl

A Disobedient Girl by Ru Freeman

Dec 12, 12

bookshelves: awesome, makes-me-cry, my-faves, love-that-cover, india
Read from November 28 to December 11, 2012

This is the review I have been waiting to write. I chose this book because of the cover, I can be honest about that. But I did not think that this story would ignite such strong emotions inside of me. I finished this yesterday and it stayed on my mind all night. I re-read the last few pages over and over, not ready for it to end. This is a powerful and clever story about a child named Latha and a woman named Basi. Basi's story touched me the most because of the sheer tragedy of it, and her ending had me in tears. Latha's story took awhile for me to get into, but only because I was so focused on what Basi was doing. But her story gets good and she endures tragedy as well but there is hope for her in the end. Dear sweet Basi and her children... this story will haunt me for a long time. I must own this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Disobedient Girl.

Quotes Diana Liked

Ru Freeman
“He was with me, beside me, inside me, and I did not care that my children were asleep, alone at home, or that the neighbors might come to know. He burned the fear out of me until all was left was desire.”
Ru Freeman, A Disobedient Girl