Himesugar's Reviews > Ransom My Heart

Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot

May 21, 2012

Taken from

I honestly want more of this. Finnula, with such a strong personality can be considered a young girl who is quite sure of herself, in some ways she is. But also she's a innocent young girl who knows not of the lust from a man, or the lust that can be created within herself by one.
She wants to help her sister, who has found herself in a situation that would not be favoured by her brother. So, Finnula, being the strong sister, although younger chooses to take a hostage. She is able to detain a man, being the best shot around with her arrows. It's a sure way to get money and she likes to help people, even going against orders to help the towns people.
The man she chooses however, isn't quite who he seems. She has no idea he is a higher rank than a knight, he has been away fighting so is covered with facial hair. This man however irritated by the prospect of being taken hostage by some girl who seems a bit sure of herself, likes the idea, she is pretty and he is a ladies man. He wants to see how this plays out.
Surely his charms can't create love within Finnula?
But this hostage, not being who she thinks he is, isn't someone she should be falling for. People are waiting to take the status from him, he has quite a fortune and a cousin will do anything for it, getting unexpected people on side to do away with Finnula and her hostage.
This was a brilliant book, full of adventure, romance and characters that are fun but well thought out, also the setting, this being a historical story, is well written for that era, it flows with elegance and authenticity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ransom My Heart.