Maria's Reviews > Untraceable

Untraceable by S.R. Johannes

May 21, 12

When it comes to Untraceable, I am pretty split down the middle. There were many things I loved about the story and many things that I wish had been done differently. I always like to start off with the good - so here goes:

This novel has an awesome storyline - a girl searching for her father, who has been missing for nearly three months. Trained by her dad in a variety of wilderness skills - tracking, hunting, protection - she never gives up hope that her father is alive. I love that faith is one of Grace's strongest character traits. I find it authentic and totally believable. She knows in her heart that her father is not dead, and her passion never falters.

I also loved that each chapter title is connected to a wilderness survival tip. It was like a good commerical right before the show, and made each chapter all the more intriguing and fun. You almost felt like you were reading an actual wilderness handbook.

Now...some of the things I didn't like about this book:
1) The predictability. As much as the author tried to throw you off, it was pretty obvious who the good guys/bad guys would be.
2) The love triangle. Unfortunately, we are not as invested enough in the two male characters to really care who Grace ends up with. To be honest, I thought that Wynn (Grace's ex-boyfriend/best friend) should have stayed as her ex. Trying to see her fight between the two of them in her head just didn't seem real.
3) The sequel. As much as I loved this story, I wish it had just been one. I don't see the need to have any more after this one, and I think that S.R. Johannes could better spend her time planning the next great novel.

4 out of 5 stars!

Maria @ GoodChoiceReading.com
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untraceable.