Yousor's Reviews > 172 Hours on the Moon

172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad

May 21, 2012

This is probably one of the creepiest books I've read in a while! Johan Harstad creates something real original and something that will stay on your mind at least for a while.

The reader was introduced to three different characters; Mia, Midori and Antoine. Mia, from Norway, plays in her band. She sees this as a ticket to let her band get the attention she thinks it needs. Midori is tired of her home country Japan and just wants to get away from all of it. Antoine is from France and has just broken up with his girlfriends and wants to stay away from her. When all three of them win this lottery, they're all excited of what to come next. But they don't know what's really happening up there.

I think this book deserves a lot more attention. It'll keep you wondering and questioning. The end is not fair, in my opinion. I feel like there could've been more to it, but I really liked the book. Harstad's writing was catching and the story was very unique. I guess that now we have to keep wondering..and hope that this won't happen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 172 Hours on the Moon.