Danny's Reviews > The Dark Light

Aug 21, 12

Read from July 21 to 22, 2012

Read Full Review at Bewitched Bookworms

Mysterious new world!

What I love most about paranormal stories is, when you have no clue what to expect and when you start a story without knowing anything! When we meet Mia – nothing tells that this is story will have some paranormal aspects until her brother disappears and Mia sees strange lights…

I was shocked when I realized the direction Sara Walsh is going with The Dark Light! It was definitely not what I expected, not at all – but it made the story just more intriguing and mesmerizing! I wanted to know about the strange new world Sarah Walsh created here!

Mia – strong heroine!!

Mia was a great character, easy to relate to and wonderfully strong. Clearly, she was no damsel in distress waiting to be rescued by the white knight! No, Mia knows and wants to protect herself and her little brother… Both, had not an easy life and no true parental advice, which is why Mia had to grow up way too sooon and needed to fill this role for her brother. I absolutely adored the sibling relationship between Mia and XX. It was heart meltingly wonderful and touching!

Sol – our mysterious tattooed (hot) boy!

Of course this story has a mysterious boy. And… I know how we love to play this game of getting glimpses behind the wall of mystery. This is always something that glues me to the pages, and in fact this never gets old for me! Sol was exactly how I wished him to be! Strong, bad ass and uner

Unique Storyline with a sweet romance!

I loved the story – it was face paced and a fantastic journey! I loved discovering this new world together with Mia! It had the perfect amount of action and intrigue that kept me flying through the pages! The romance between Sol and Mia was sweet and cute – but it lacked the final amount of spark. This chemistry between those two strong willed people could have played out with more intensity for my taste.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Light.

07/21/2012 page 1
0.0% "Woot !! Can't wait :-)" 2 comments
07/22/2012 page 250
50.0% "This is sooo not what I expected!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome turn in events"
07/22/2012 page 428