Lenore's Reviews > Stars & Stripes

Stars & Stripes by Abigail Roux
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars & Stripes.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ I didn't notice it was with Riptide

Lenore Me either. I noticed when I added the book.

message 3: by Morgana (last edited May 21, 2012 05:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Morgana I noticed when I got my email newsletter from Riptide. I was gawping like a fish. Seriously, I thought I was seeing things, which I guess, wouldn't be that strange since all I can think about is Ty & Zane :D

Lenore Riptide is the only house I buy books directly from (I prefer doing it through Amazon, mainly) so I'm OK with the change. Easier for me.

Morgana I usually don't buy from Amazon. In most cases their prices are higher for international buyers :(

I liked DSP better, but maybe it's just because I buy lots of books from them and rarely buy any from Riptide. Maybe I'm just used to DSP...

message 6: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana Morgana wrote: "I usually don't buy from Amazon. In most cases their prices are higher for international buyers :(

Try bookdepository - there is no shipping costs.
I tried them and there is always something - last time it wass 10% off the prices and so I ordered the Dark Soul -Complete Collection by Aleksandr Voinov and now I am holding it in my hands!!

Lenore I know. But it's so much easier from Amazon. You click "buy" and before you know it the book's on your Kindle.

Riptide is the exception because I get Aleks' books there.

message 8: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana Lenore wrote: "I know. But it's so much easier from Amazon. You click "buy" and before you know it the book's on your Kindle.

Riptide is the exception because I get Aleks' books there."

Ah, you got a Kindle. Than it's changes everything, I think;)
But after I finished Mercs (which I don't know if I can, b/c hate Dan already) than will dive into Dark Soul.

(Hope it will be a bit easier than Mercs).

But the cover of this book is a right fun - kinda cool, think one of the best covers I have seen at Riptide.

Morgana Yeah, I know about Book Depository and I always buy my paperback copies from them. But I was not talking about paperbacks but ebooks. I, just like Lenore, own a Kindle. But the ebook prices at Amazon are higher for us international buyers than for people in the US or Canada :(

message 10: by Lenore (last edited Aug 31, 2012 07:30AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lenore You'll miss out if you don't finish Mercs (and the whole saga, really), Morg.

And the cover of Dark Soul Vol. 1 is one of the best ones ever!

message 11: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana Morgana wrote: "Yeah, I know about Book Depository and I always buy my paperback copies from them. But I was not talking about paperbacks but ebooks. I, just like Lenore, own a Kindle. But the ebook prices at Ama..."

message 12: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana Lenore wrote: "You'll miss out if you don't finish Mercs (and the whole saga, really), Morg.

And the cover of Dar Soul Vol. 1 is one of the best ones ever!"

Yes, I know Lenore, but this is...sometime this is too much for me to bear. I don't know when can I finish this, I try.

Don't say, Dark Soul Vol 1 is definitely is one of the best ever - I am really sorry Aleksandr decided to have a new cover for the collection.
I'd really like to know who is that guy on the cover - has cool thick lashes;)

Morgana Morgiana wrote: "oh, I didn't know this, thought prices for ebooks are all the same for every countries. What a shame! "

*sighs* Yeah :(

message 14: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana Morgana wrote: "Morgiana wrote: "oh, I didn't know this, thought prices for ebooks are all the same for every countries. What a shame! "

*sighs* Yeah :("

crazy...

Celine damn i still need to read number 5!

Lenore There's time, Celine! This'll be out in August :)

message 17: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana and I should start number one...
:P

Celine hihi we should should should :)

Celine Morgiana wrote: "Morgana wrote: "Yeah, I know about Book Depository and I always buy my paperback copies from them. But I was not talking about paperbacks but ebooks. I, just like Lenore, own a Kindle. But the ebo..."

oh really?? that's just wrong! I didn't buy Kindle cause u are linked to Amazon and I just want to be free to choose what and where i buy... i've got Sony and pretty happy with that one. And it's raspberry pink ;)

so i'm gonna go and buy DS in paper!! oooooo can't wait :)

Lenore There are other options with the Kindle, Celine. You can buy mobi or prc files (Kindle compatible) directly from the publisher and save money. I'm just too lazy to do it.

message 21: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana Celine wrote: "Morgiana wrote: "Morgana wrote: "Yeah, I know about Book Depository and I always buy my paperback copies from them. But I was not talking about paperbacks but ebooks. I, just like Lenore, own a Ki..."

Celine, that's why am hesitating to buy a Kindle (one reason from the many)
so I think about an iPad, but I don't think I can buy e-books from Amazon for it?

message 22: by Lenore (last edited Jun 14, 2012 03:15AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lenore Morgiana, you can download the Kindle app for the ipad so no problem there. But back-lit screens aren't very convenient for reading. They'll give you a headache after a while. But maybe that's just me.
Plus you can do a ton of other things with the ipad.

message 23: by Morgiana (new)

Morgiana Lenore wrote: "Morgiana, you can download the Kindle app for the ipad so no problem there. But back-lit monitors aren't very convenient for reading. They'll give you a headache after a while. But maybe that's jus..."

Lenore, thanks
so I need to decide what should I buy...Kindle or iPad
I think it would be way too convenient just to pick an e-reader and go on with reading:))

Morgana Lenore wrote: "There are other options with the Kindle, Celine. You can buy mobi or prc files (Kindle compatible) directly from the publisher and save money."

Yeah, just like Lenore said. You can buy mobi or prc formats elsewhere and then send it to your Kindle library. I do that all the time :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lenore, I do remember that you didn't particularly like Armed & Dangerous. Just FYI, I'm inclined to *think* that anyone who didn't like Armed & Dangerous, won't like Stars & Stripes either. But I do hope you won't be disappointed. *fingers crossed and all*

Lenore Baba wrote: "Lenore, I do remember that you didn't particularly like Armed & Dangerous. Just FYI, I'm inclined to *think* that anyone who didn't like Armed & Dangerous, won't like Stars & Stripes either. But I ..."

Thanks for the heads up, Babs. I'll still read the book. And I really want to like it. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see :)

Morgana Yeah, this one is much more romantic, even more so than A&D, and there's definitely much less action in S&S2 than in the previous books, but I do hope you will like it, Lenore :)

Lenore Even MORE romantic? How can that be? Are they saying "I love you" every other page in this one?

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lenore wrote: "Even MORE romantic? How can that be? Are they saying "I love you" every other page in this one?"

They exchange ILY's but I *think* a bit less frequently than in A&D.

Lenore Baba wrote: "They exchange ILY's but I *think* a bit less frequently than in A&D."

I just can't picture them like that. You know:

-I love you!
-I love you more!
-No, I love you more!!
-Not if I love you even more!!!!
...repeat to fade.

Ugh.

Morgana No, there's less ILYs than in A&D, but while in A&D was quite a lot of action and snark (the latter mainly thanks to Ty and Julian's interactions), S&S2 is much more sweet. You'll find out for yourself ;)

Morgana Lenore wrote: "Baba wrote: "They exchange ILY's but I *think* a bit less frequently than in A&D."

I just can't picture them like that. You know:

-I love you!
-I love you more!
-No, I love you more!!
-Not if I l..."

Lol! Nope, nothing like that.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I second Morgana. Just read it Lenore. I really didn't think that there were too much ILY's. And it's true: it was sweet and tender. But. It was a good sweet--NOT sugary sweet. And the sex? HAWT!!! The sex was NOT sweet.

message 34: by Lenore (last edited Aug 12, 2012 07:23AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lenore Baba wrote: "And the sex? HAWT!!!"

LOL. Well, that's good to know! Though, judging from the books we've both read, what I find hawt you find too much (remember Aaron and his twitching cock? Haha!) and what you find hot I find normal (the sex in Into Deep Waters, for instance).

ETA: Which most probably simply means you like romance novels and I like smut.

Morgana Yep, the sex was HOT!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lenore wrote: "Baba wrote: "And the sex? HAWT!!!"

Lenore Baba wrote: "You know I don't like it when I have to read a sex scene every other page. That's boring. It has nothing to do if the sex is hot or not. "

Yes, I know, Babs. And you're right. There should be some plot squeezed in between the sex.

Still, I like smut ... I'm a lost cause.

Let me ask you something. Compared to the sex scenes in Fish & Chips (view spoiler) how hot do you think were the sex scenes in this one?

Morgana Lenore, like I said the sex was hot, but I wouldn't call it smoking hot or hawt, just like it was in Fish & Chips. And certainly not like the sex scenes in Grey's Awakening by Cameron Dane, where I needed several cold showers.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lenore wrote: "Baba wrote: "You know I don't like it when I have to read a sex scene every other page. That's boring. It has nothing to do if the sex is hot or not. "

Yes, I know, Babs. And you're right. There s..."

Lenore, I think I am a bad, bad Baba. I don't remember this scene anymore. But. I still think that the sex in Stars & Stripes is the BEST so far. Just read it and you will see.

Well, I'm going to sign off now. Our Swiss athlete Nino Schurter just won a silver medal (cross country MTB). I'm going to do the same...just without winning a medal. LOL

Lenore Thanks for the extra info, Morgana.

And have fun cross-countrying, Baba!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lenore wrote: "Thanks for the extra info, Morgana.

And have fun cross-countrying, Baba!"

Thanks, Lenore. It was good.

Lenore Baba wrote: "Yeah, that was to be expected, huh?"

:) What was to be expected, Babs? My rating?

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lenore wrote: "Baba wrote: "Yeah, that was to be expected, huh?"

:) What was to be expected, Babs? My rating?"

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter About the give-me-a-gun-please...er...Zane's mother???

Lenore Baba wrote: "Yup. You didn't particularly like the prequel either. So...can't say this came as a surprise. Whatever. Love you anyway. :-)) "

Yeah, the last two installments weren't exactly my bowl of noodles but I enjoyed them all the same. It's still Ty and Zane. Lovey dovey, sugar fluff, rainbows and ribbons and confetti shooting out of their asses, but still Ty and Zane.

(view spoiler)

Lenore Baba wrote: "About the give-me-a-gun-please...er...Zane's mother???"

Uh, YEAH? That woman needs to be put down.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lovey dovey, sugar fluff, rainbows and ribbons and confetti shooting out of their asses, but still Ty and Zane.

LOL Lovin' it!

Lenore Baba wrote: "About the sex: maybe you've read too much smut? You're not used to a more "normal" steam level anymore? Well, I really loved the sex in Stars & Stripes. *shrugs* "

It's true. That I read too much smut, that is :D

But, actually, I was comparing the sex in this installment with the sex in previous installments in the series, not other books. Remember Fish & Chips? That was one scorching hot installment. What about Divide & Conquer (view spoiler)? In terms of hotness level, this installment is comparable to Sticks & Stones.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Lenore wrote: "Baba wrote: "About the sex: maybe you've read too much smut? You're not used to a more "normal" steam level anymore? Well, I really loved the sex in Stars & Stripes. *shrugs* "

It's true. That I r..."

Yeah, I loved Divide & Conquer (not only the sex). I think it may be my very favorite Ty and Zane story. Anyway, I hope the steam level in your next read will be satisfying enough... ;)

« previous 1