Hana's Reviews > Why the West Rules-for Now: The Patterns of History & What They Reveal About the Future

Why the West Rules-for Now by Ian Morris
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why the West Rules-for Now.

06/18/2012 page 46
6.0% "Haha Morris mengatakan teori evolusi Darwin sangat tak jelas dan berlompang di sana sini. Mula tertarik dengan premis yang ditawarkan oleh penulis. ;)"
06/23/2012 page 135
18.0% "Very readable and funny. In fact a lot more easier to digest rather than Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel (mentioned quite a number of times in this book)."
06/25/2012 page 160
21.0% "As a Malaysian lawyer bluntly told the British journalist Martin Jacques, "I am wearing your clothes, I speak your language, I watch your films, and today is whatever date it is because you say so.""
06/28/2012 page 209
27.0% "Setakat yang diketahui, tamadun2 awal sememangnya bermula dari Barat (Mesopotamia, Mesir) tetapi tak jauh beza dgn perkembangan tamadun2 awal di China (sekitar 1500-2000 tahun sahaja serta dianggap tak signifikan)."
show 12 hidden updates…

message 1: by Zaki (new)

Zaki I would love to read this. What does it entail?

Hana I've just started, in fact still at the Intro. I would continue after finished my other book The Muqaddimah. So it's hard for me to say anything at this stage. But basically the author tries to answer the title of his own book from various points and disciplines (ie human evolution, geography, sociology) - as traditionally historians perceive the West's revolutionaries either from: 1. long-term or 2. short-term theories. Thus, by combining these two theories and disciplines, the author believes it would led him to another theory (or hint of the future). Looks promising, though. Anyway sorry, not much help there.

message 3: by Sureena (new)

Sureena I will wait for your review and think about buying it after that.. hihi

Hana Erm.. setakat ni aku tak rasa ia berbaloi utk dibeli. Tapi tak tau la bila dah masuk 50% pembacaan nanti kan..