Anjana's Reviews > The Twitter Diaries: 2 Cities, 1 Friendship, 140 Characters

The Twitter Diaries by Georgie Thompson

Jun 05, 12

Read from May 30 to June 05, 2012

Twitter Diaries revolves around the friendship between Stella and Tuesday, who get introduced to each other at a New Year's Eve Party. Over the course of the next year, they bond over twitter sharing their thoughts and stories about pretty much everything.

For the most part, I guess this was a decent read but just not as good as I wanted it to be. I knew going in that this was more of a feel-good novel and didn't expect anything big/deep from it but this isn't the first book I've read that (supposedly) takes place on twitter and I loved Goodnight Tweetheart so I honestly thought I'd enjoy this one as well.

The first thing that bugged me was that for a book that's called The Twitter Diaries, not a whole lot of tweeting takes place .The beauty/ugly thing about twitter that the tweets are mostly public but most of this novel takes place through DMs. So yeah, although the author stuck to the character limit, I didn't really get much of a twitter feel.

Don't get me wrong, like most fluffy books this one's a quick and light read, perfect to kill a few hours but that's all it is. The writing's simple, relatable and suits this decade, where social media rules the world.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twitter Diaries.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Juju (Tales of Whimsy.com) Thanks for this review. I adored Goodnight Tweetheart so I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the heads up on it being more of DMs.