Robin's Reviews > The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming: A Christmas Story

The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming by Lemony Snicket

Sep 28, 13

bookshelves: clever, for-upper-elementary-kids, funny, give-to-your-favorite-kids, picture-book, the-re-read-list, the-december-dilemma, jewish
Recommended for: My cherubic students who insist (over and over and over and over) that Passover is Jewish Easter
Read in September, 2008

Oh, what joy! My kind of humor (sarcastic), and real facts about Chanukah, and a nice message besides. So, nu, what more could you want?

"It is very frustrating not to be understood in this world. If you say one thing and keep being told you mean something else, it can make you want to scream. But somewhere in the world there is a place for all of us, whether you are an electric form of decoration, peppermint-scented sweet, a source of timber, or a potato pancake. On a cold, snowy night, everyone and everything should be welcomed somewhere, and the latke was welcomed into a home full of people who understood what a latke is, and how it fits into its particular holiday.

And then they ate it."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming.