Mimi's Reviews > Predestined

Predestined by Abbi Glines

U 50x66
May 21, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: not-that-good, reading-it-once-was-enough, youth, paranormal
Read from May 21 to August 09, 2012

Personally, I think that predestined was a horrible sequel. I enjoyed "Existence" tremendously. So when I was reading predestined I was really excited. However it didn't really meet my expectations because:

1) The story was just bland. Not only was the story line all over the place but the writing itself wasn't any good. The author seemed like she had run out of ideas and was trying to put anything she could to finish the book. At first the writing was tolerable but towards the middle of the book it became very apparent she was out of ideas.

2) I could ignore the writing if the story line was well thought out but it wasn't. She goes on and on about irrelevant things and then when it gets to the most important part she cuts it short and then proceeds to a new topic.

3) The characters themselves are not that interesting either. They are extremely monotonous and somewhat irritating at times. Dank, the most powerful, sexy, and interesting character of the book, turned into a different person all together. He was very stagnant and whiny. He showed no growth from the previous book at all. Pagan regressed as a character. She was extremely dependent on dank. She showed no back bone and she wasn't the independent person she was in the first book.

The only reason I didn't give up on this book and give it a one star rating was because of Leif. He is the only character that showed some type of growth in the novel. In the first book I was indifferent to his character. He was just the nice guy who cared for Pagan. But in this book you see Leif for who he really is and he becomes a character you actually start to like. You see the his true emotions as well as his protective side. He has the depth no one else in this book has. Also, in my opinion its because of Leif that Dank started to notice Pagan and fall in love with her. So it kind of killed the love story between these two characters for me. The only other thing that is keeping me interested in the third book, "Ceaseless", is Wyatts and Mirandas relationship but that's about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Predestined.