Susan's Reviews > How to Dance with a Duke

How to Dance with a Duke by Manda Collins

May 20, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books-read, historical-fiction-romance, romance
Read in May, 2012

Good book. I really liked Lucas. In spite of his first appearance, when he was truly rude to Cecily, he is a really nice guy who is currently under a lot of stress. Once he has calmed down, he realizes he owes her an apology, and soon discovers he is very attracted to her. He and Cecily decide to work together to find out what happened to Lucas's brother, and as a result spend a lot of time together. Due some unforeseen circumstances they end up married, and continue their investigations. I really liked Cecily's intelligence and the fact that she had no problem using it. I thoroughly enjoyed the discussions that she and Lucas had, especially when she was able to convince him of her point of view. I really liked that he wasn't intimidated by her intelligence, but rather enjoyed it. I could see them falling in love, though neither one wanted to admit it. Cecily had been hurt in the past and was trying to protect herself and Lucas just didn't want to admit it. The mystery itself was good, though I did figure out the bad guy fairly early. There were parts of his infamy that were a surprise which did make for a nice bonus. The romance was very good, and I liked the way that Lucas continued to woo Cecily even after they were married. My only complaint was that I found the story dragged a little in a few places.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Dance with a Duke.