Emily (Falling for YA)'s Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

May 23, 12

bookshelves: reviewed, e-book
Read from May 20 to 23, 2012

Meh not really sure what all the hype was about. It wasn't very good. Ana was obnoxious and women who want a Christian in their lives have never been in a relationship like the one between him and Ana.

I'm speaking from personal experience when I say that having a boyfriend who wants to control your every move, monitor where you go, and is jealous if you have any other friends is terrifying. I saw too much of myself and my recently ex-boyfriend in Ana and Christian.

Maybe if I had some time and distance this would have been a better read, but I just don't think so. I will never find being controlled outside of the bedroom sexy, and that in my opinion is exactly what Christian was doing to Ana.

Needless to say, I don't think I will pick up the sequel or if I don't it won't be for a while.

05/20/2012 "Totally curious what all this hype is about! Might as well see for myself =)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle Madow "I will never find being controlled outside of the bedroom sexy."

Agreed 100%.