Adara's Reviews > Armed & Dangerous

Armed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux

May 20, 12

Read from May 29 to 30, 2012

So, so good. Best installment thus far. I liked the cross of this series and Warrior's Cross. It really worked for me.

I just wish that my husband hadn't taught me so much about looking for clues because it totally ruins the surprises at the end by figuring things out before Ty and Zane do.

Although, to be honest, I KNOW that I've either read or seen this exact storyline before, and that's also why I had the lightbulb "Oh yeah, it's him" moment I did. It was a very sudden "click" into place when it hit me. I was so devastated when I figured it out. I was disappointed with who the culprit turned out to be because it felt too easy to go that direction after that.

It's actually driving me nuts trying to remember where I've seen this storyline before. (And seriously, don't read the following spoiler if you don't want the main plot spoiled!) If anyone else can place the storyline of (view spoiler) then PLEASE say something and put me out of my misery as to where I've seen this before.

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing the way Ty and Zane took their relationship further in this story. I loathe the day when the Bureau finds out... it's like waiting constantly for the other shoe to drop.

Oh, and the things we find out about Ty and Nick. That was truly heartbreaking. Zane, babe, that's something you need to let go of and let them be friends.

I can't wait for the next book. (From Riptide too! Woot!) =)

P.S. Oh, and for the love of God, 'baby' just does not sound right between these two. The idea of two alpha males calling each other 'baby' is giving me the heebie-jeebies right now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armed & Dangerous.

05/29/2012
38.0% "This is such a fun ride. =)"
05/30/2012
60.0% "I swear to God, my mind instantly went: "Coconuts? Horses? Cavalry." that fast. Monty python references FTW."
05/30/2012
63.0% "Argh. "Baby" just does NOT fit these two, dammit."
05/30/2012
67.0% "Ya know, it just occurred to me that it really could be the guy Burns is trying to protect. (I had a "duh" moment. I've seen that before. Your resources don't work? Use someone else's.) I think I'll be really pissed off if it comes to that. But I won't be surprised now."
05/30/2012
73.0% "Your watch, Ty. Which means I was right. Which pisses me off. Damn my husband for teaching me how to string these things together."
05/30/2012
85.0% "Gah, I really hate my husband. A lot. It takes the fun out of things."
05/30/2012
92.0% "There's "sonofabitch, I KNEW it!" #1. Waiting for #2."
05/30/2012
96.0% "Looks like I was wrong about the other "I knew it" moment. But that was minor anyway."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jerry I sooo agree about calling each other baby!

Adara Glad I'm not the only one.
You know, I usually don't have a problem with that, but it has to fit the character, and it just DOESN'T with these two.

Jerry I read it a a lot too. I don't hear it so much from my friends, yet I have heard it and in the distant past I did have one short loved boyfriend who called me that. Personally I didn't like it but never told him. My father always called my mother "honey" and that's what mt husband and I call each other. Don't know why that would be any different than baby but for some reason it is. Maybe because of my dad? I heard it so much at home it became normal for me? I read baby in MM more that honey, and I always secretly love those charachters better. True confessions!

Adara LOL. May be a regional thing too? I've always said 'hon' more than anything, to both men and women.

Jerry I feel comfortable with regional.