Anna's Reviews > Stalking the Others

Stalking the Others by Jess Haines

May 20, 12

bookshelves: review-books
Read in May, 2012

Shiarra Waynest is a part of the Others’ world, as much as she does not want to be. She is fighting now to find her ex lover Chaz and take revenge on him for what he did to her. He has cheated on her and one of his pack has possibly turned her into a were. She uses the help of her belt, that is really a man named Isaac that is out to kill the vampires. But she also must enlist the help of one of the people that she turned her back on Jack. Together with his team they hunt the Others and start a fight that may not be targeting the correct group. Shiarra is also on the run from her vampire Royce who is not ready to let her go. What is the correct path for her and who will she have to hurt to find the answers she is looking for and the revenge she craves?

I thought that this was a good book, I did not read the previous books in the series and I was able to sort of piece together the reasons behind certain things and the background. Although, I do think to get a clearer picture I would have had to read the other books too. I liked how there was constant action in the book and was always kept on my toes trying to figure out which direction Shiarra should go, since it was not clear who the good guys and bad guys were. Shiarra is a strong female character in the book and is not afraid to make her own way and be the center of the action.

reviewed by Jenny

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stalking the Others.