Marian's Reviews > Crux

Crux by Julie Reece

Aug 09, 12

Read from June 29 to July 03, 2012

This review can also be viewed on my blog: WheneverLifeGetsTough

This is a review of Julie Reece's Crux.

Okay, I'll be honest, I didn't really expect I'd be able to read this book. Seriously. Why? Because I'm sure it'll be just one of those books I'll be lusting after, staring at in a bookstore forever because I'd never decide to buy it since all I'll ever say is: "I can't buy this book BECAUSE." It's creepy, I know, but it's me. It's just, sometimes, I mark off books as to-read even though there's no way in the world I could ever acquire ALL of them. But.

So, I was really happy, umm, exhilarated, okay scratch everything. What I felt was indescribable and can only be depicted in the picture below:

I don't know why but the moment I read this (Thugs want to kill her.) from the synopsis, I wanted so much to read it. (totally self explanatory, if you've read my other reviews)

Anyway, when that day came when I received the e-mail from the publisher saying I won an ARC of it, guess what? I screamed. Literally.

Maybe it's too much of a reaction for a book I haven't read but I'm telling you, acting like I did, man, that was totally worth it.

Everything was totally worth it. And there's only one reason.
(yes, if it isn't obvious enough, check out the rating)

This book is... epic.

The intro, the cash-throwing, Grey, the training, and the ass-kicking.

But more than that, I really liked Bird so much. She isn't a fake kind of heroine. She's been through bad times and how she acts reflected perfectly on what she's been through. She's not the overused introverted, totally-beautiful-but-doesn't-know-it, damsel-in-distress, PERFECT kind of girl most YA novels recently have portrayed. Because she plays the part so well that I believed everything. (Yes, I'm a sucker for these stuff -_-).

So, yeah. Even though it ended in a Happily Ever After kind of way, I still liked it.

I might say yes to judging a book by it's cover (which is so totally awesome, by the way). Just this once. :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crux.

07/01/2012 page 153