Lydia Presley's Reviews > Castle of Wizardry

Castle of Wizardry by David Eddings

May 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, favorites, fiction
Read in May, 2012

Just when I thought things were going to comet to some sort of conclusion.. David Eddings throws me for a spin with the ending of this book.

But I get ahead of myself -

In Castle of Wizardry Belgarion finally comes into his own - sort of. The prophecy peaks, things we, as readers, have known since the first and second book are revealed (and the characters are surprised by them? Really?). I suppose it would have helped, also, to have the prophecy revealed at the start of each book so we could see the pieces coming together as well - but that isn't how it's to be, so we really don't know just how explicit it is.

This book and The Magician's Gambit suffer a bit from "middle-child syndrome", all things said. It's obvious that the story is hurtling toward a grand finish, but first we have to get through all of the revelations and traveling - and there is a LOT of traveling. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing what the end brings and have thoroughly enjoyed a weekend completely absorbed in this world created by David Eddings.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Castle of Wizardry.