Siew Ee's Reviews > Expel

Expel by Addison Moore

May 20, 12

Read in May, 2012

Without missing a beat, Moore carries on her story in “Expel” - the plot gets more and more convoluted, the romantic relationships even more so, and Skyla gets into messier mess, one after another. Why Skyla doesn’t learn to think before she acts and speaks despite making mistake after mistake is beyond me – couldn’t the author have come up with a more sensible heroine? Through it all though, I must say what I actually found most interesting is Tad’s verbal and non-verbal reactions to all the bombshells his children and step-children kept dropping on his doorstep.

(view spoiler)

I tried to examine the reasons why I follow this series. I guess I just got curiouser and curiouser – with so much going on, how will all the various subplots tie up, and for that matter, how will Skyla get herself out of the very deep hole she dug for herself, in order to produce a fitting finale?

So, if the long-awaited climax produces enough whip, snap and crackle to justify my investment in this series, will I recommend it to my daughter, which was why I picked up the first book in the first place? Hmmm…I don’t think so, the plot is just too long-drawn and complicated, and there’s just too much reference to sex and drugs. But I can totally understand why this series appeals so greatly to teens in general!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Expel.