Kristi, A Book Fanatic's Reviews > Secret Lives

Secret Lives by Diane Chamberlain

May 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012, chick-lit
Read from May 20 to 21, 2012

Before I start with my review, I want to say once more how much I enjoy Diane Chamberlain's writing. However, the last book I read by her I just wasn't very impressed so I began this book with trepidation. Once I started reading though I was totally sucked into this story. I could NOT put it down!!

This book had lots of elements - a mystery, a love story, a family tragedy, mental illness ... This book packed lots of issues into its pages.

Eden, the main character, is a Hollywood actress that has had a hard year. Her husband left her, and she decides to return to her childhood home to unearth the truth about her long deceased mother. As she researches her famous Mother's past, she finds a mysterious man named Ben with a secret. This book had me hanging on to the very end -- and I wish there were another book about these characters for me to immediately jump into.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secret Lives.

message 1: by Idela (new) - added it

Idela Thanks for your review adding this to my read list.

message 2: by Maureen (new) - added it

Maureen Thanks for the review. I already have this book among others, and decided to push it up on my to read list. It does sound like an interesting page turner.