Alaa's Reviews > Child of the Prophecy

Child of the Prophecy by Juliet Marillier

May 23, 12

Read from May 20 to 23, 2012

i liked the struggle in Fianne of what she is and what she felt is right , she's torn between the two until the very end when she finally decide. she is like the untamed power that only needed a small firefly to light it's path , even though she has made mistakes and bad choices i think mistakes in the path of learning should be forgiven , at some points i hated how weak she was when it came to her grandmother's wishes but i think it wast fear that bound her to act against it but rather the ignorance of her own strength and the uncertainty of who she is and what she wants .

i know that friendship contains some sort of love in it but i wonder if Darragh would came back if what drives him was just the love for a friend and not "love"

i noticed how the characters were always linked i mean there's always someone that continued what the first one begun , even after someone dies or leave there's someone to replace their place and their task there will always be a " healer " or a " leader " and that sorts .
unlike son of shadows this have more sense of a closure an end.

having Finbar alive meant some sort of "safe ground " i don't know who will replace his place . even conor needed him at times . i think this means that the battle with the evil we came to know is ended and the battle next will be with something different .
only Heir to Sevenwaters remains of this series and i don't know what to expect. i never thought i will engage my self in a Trilogy . sevenwaters will be standard that i will judge the other Trilogies from i hope i didn't just read the best out there .

here some of the quotes :

“I knew the dead were there still,within us. Their legacy was in the deeds and the choices of those who lived . "

"friends are found in the strangest of places , if you know how to look"

( please give me a suggestion on what to read after sevenwaters )
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Child of the Prophecy.

05/20/2012 page 127