Jenese (Readers Confession)'s Reviews > Lethal Rider

Lethal Rider by Larissa Ione

3812002
First off I've loved ALL of Larissa Ione's book including her Demonica and ACRO books. That being said, this one was my favorite of the Lords of Deliverance series so far, which was very surprising to me. I loved Ares before in Eternal Rider! :-P

The last book left off with Thanatos being betrayed by Regan (by her stealing his virginity), she was pregnant with his child and Thanatos was paralyzed by hellhound saliva. Needless to say after eight months of being paralyzed he's a little upset. Who wouldn't want to murder the person that betrayed them and got them laid up in bed for that long? Once he gets out, of course he goes straight for Regan. She's terrified of him, she's been dreaming about Thanatos aka Death murdering her. Thanatos is thrown for a loop when he realizes that she's pregnant and with his child no less. Since he's no longer a virgin and could possibly start the Apocalypse, he's a little on edge.

"He'd guarded his dick like it was the freaking Hope Diamond"-Thanatos

Thanatos is a softy and hardly anyone knows but he's always wanted a family and children of his own. Although he starts off hating Regan, she is soon to be the mother of his unborn son, those feeling fade quickly.

"She was wearing his clothes, carrying his son, and taking food from his hand. In the clan he'd grown up in, she'd be considered his. Mine. - Thanatos

Oh, the caveman, MINE!!! Love it!!! But it wasn't easy for Regan since she never really had a family of her own and she's hesistant to believe someone would REALLY want her. Thanatos on the other hand was betrayed several times in this book by some of the people that's he's trusted for thousands of years. The chemistry between these two was great. I've never read a book where the heroine was pregnant. It added a nice touch. It was that sweet bond between the two of them and the baby. He adored her body, pregnant and all, as a good baby daddy should. :-P

Pestilence, of course is wrecking havoc all over the world. He's trying at every turn to kill Thanatos and Regan's unborn son, since the baby is now the one that can start the Apocalypse. Pestilence gets a rude awakening since EVERYONE is out for him. We get a nice reunion with the Demonica crew including Eidolon, Shade, Lore and of course Kynan.

I loved this book and didn't want it to end, HIGHLY recommended!!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lethal Rider.

05/19/2012