Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .'s Reviews > Pandora's Key

Pandora's Key by Nancy Richardson Fischer

May 22, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-young-adult, young-adult
Recommended to Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* by: R2R PR&UFF
Recommended for: YA, adult, Fantasy and Romance readers
Read from May 20 to 22, 2012, read count: 1

Pandora's Key is the first book in The Key Trilogy by Nancy Richardson Fischer. I read this as part of a R2R with Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics! As always, a special thank you to the moderators as well as the author for allowing me to participate.

Review:
I really liked this book. It was different, it was exciting and creative and it was smartly written. I love the tale of Pandora’s Box and have always had a love of the Greek Gods mythology. This book really put those tales to use with its own spin and story. The writing was great, the imagery was well done and the story itself was plausible. Evangeline was a terrific lead character. She’s the reason this story works so well. You can literally feel the changes her life is taking, what she’s going through and the heartache she’s enduring. The supporting cast of characters were interesting and well written. There was action, suspense, mystery and a bit of romance in this book.

There were a few things that I disliked about the book, but minor given the whole of the story. The beginning was slow and a bit confusing. It took me several “put down and pick back up” attempts to get through the first few chapters because I just couldn’t get into it. But Im really glad I kept going because its picks up speed and rhythm and it all comes together. Some of the dialogue was a bit rough and I think Evangeline reaction to her new life was a bit off. I also wish we had gotten more of Raphe and Evangeline together. I would have liked to have seen their love story better developed considering they knew each other before the events started to unfold in Evangeline's life. He seemed to really care about her and love her despite her own deprecating self image.

All in all this book was definitely worth the time to read it. Im looking forward to reading book two!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandora's Key.

Nancy Fischer Thanks for the great review Hazel! I'm so glad you liked Pandora's Key:-) And FYI, E and Raphe's love story will definitely pick up speed in Book Two, The Key to Tartarus;-)

Thanks again!

Pandora's Key (The Key Trilogy, #1) by Nancy Richardson Fischer

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Nancy wrote: "Thanks for the great review Hazel! I'm so glad you liked Pandora's Key:-) And FYI, E and Raphe's love story will definitely pick up speed in Book Two, The Key to Tartarus;-)

Thanks again!

Best,..."

Thank you for taking the time to stop by Nancy! And Im excited to hear you say we get more E and Raphe in book two! Yay! :) Im really looking forward to it.. any idea when it will be out?

Nancy Fischer Hi Hazel,

The Key to Tartarus should be published in September! I'd love to send you an ARC if you're interested. Are you on my mailing list?

If not, you can sign up by going to my website: http://www.nancyrichardsonfischer.com The mailing list is under "Contact." You can also read an excerpt from Book Two on my site! And the new cover has been posted for KTT, too!!

Thanks again for reading PK and your support. If you haven't posted your review on Amazon and Barnes & Noble I'd be super grateful if you would as great reviews are always helpful:-)

Pandora's Key (The Key Trilogy, #1) by Nancy Richardson Fischer

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Nancy wrote: "Hi Hazel,

If not, you can sign up by going to my website: h..."

Hiya again Nancy! Ohhh.. September.. I can't wait! I'd love to receive an ARC so I joined the mailing list as you recommended. Thanks for letting me know. The cover was beautiful (actually both covers were amazing) and I read the except and am really excited to see what the next book holds!

I did publish to Amazon, Smashwords, B&N as well as Goodreads. If there's anywhere else you'd like, just let me know and I'd be happy to.. or anything I can do to get the word out, I'd be honored to help.

Good luck with your success. I can definitely see this turning into a terrific series!

Nancy Fischer Hi Hazel,

You are so terrific! Thanks for posting your review to all of those sites:-) I really appreciate it.

I'll make sure you get an ARC of The Key to Tartarus and just hope you love it:-) And BTW, I'm super happy you like the next cover. I think it's creepy and dark - perfect for the next book;-)

As for helping me get the word out - that is incredibly kind of you! I'm open to any ideas you might have. I'm fairly new to Goodreads so I'm sure I'm not using it to its full potential! I do get the sense, though, that popular bloggers who like your book are an enormous help.

Thanks again for supporting Pandora's Key and me! You have no idea how much it means and it truly makes my day:-)