DrewBrees's Reviews > Gingerbread

Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn

May 20, 12

bookshelves: may-goodreads

From where I've abandoned this book, Gingerbread, by Rachel Cohn is about a girl named Cyd Charisse that has been kicked out of her boarding school forced to live back home with her mom Nancy and her step dad Sid. After Nancys been so against Cyd's new surfer-like boyfriend Shrimp, she has trouble living at home with her parents even though Sid tries to back up Cyd about her boyfriend. No matter what Nancy says about Shrimp, he's still Cyd's main ingredient that she can't live without.

I picked up this book, because I saw the cover was really interesting ( different cover from the one on goodreads) and after reading the summary at the back, I thought this would be a good book for me.
I DIDN'T finish this book, because after reading a few chapters, a lot of characters started to be introduced, causing a lot of confusion. Mostly because when talking about one character, the story would flip to another character all of a sudden.

I think older teenagers or even some sdults would like to read this book, because they'd be able to keep up with the story as well as enjoying the topic of the book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gingerbread.

05/20/2012 page 8
4.0% "So far, Cyd Charisse has a surfer-like boyfriend named Shrimp, that her mom and step dad hates. Cyd has just been kicked out of her school which is which her step dad calls her a " recovering hellion " ."
05/20/2012 page 68
33.0% "Parts of the book has started to confuse me, but right now , Cyds been having trouble living with her family when Nancy, Cyds mom is always so against her boyfriend ."