Linda's Reviews > Murder on the Rocks

Murder on the Rocks by Karen MacInerney

May 20, 2012

Read in May, 2012

I came upon this book at a used book sale by accident. When I picked it up I realized that it was a series that had been recommended by a friend. What luck that was! It's a cozy mystery with the locale being a bed and breakfast (the Gray Whale- an old mansion) on a fairly remote Maine Island. I loved the locale. The things Natalie, the proprietress, cooked made my mouth water. I decided to look on the internet for those recipes- when I got to the end of the book, there the recipes were! Natalie is a grown-up girl heroine like those of my favorite series- Judy Bolton, Nancy Drew, etc- curious and looking too close into what's going on so she's often in danger. In this case, it was murder, and her main reason for getting involved was a lazy law enforcer who wanted to pin it on her! The pace was perfect and the book flows along very nicely. I have one other but it isn't book #2. I NEED book #2!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Murder on the Rocks.

Dina Do you have a Kindle or a Kindle App? I'll see if I have book two and if I can lend it or not.

Dina I do have it on my kindle, but I've loaned it already, and the ebooks are only loanable one time :( Dead and Berried is the title of #2, and it's a great one! It's actually the first title that I read.

Linda Dina wrote: "I do have it on my kindle, but I've loaned it already, and the ebooks are only loanable one time :( Dead and Berried is the title of #2, and it's a great one! It's actually the first title that I..."

Thanks for the offer, Dina, but you know that I have to OWN them all anyway.

Dina Lol! How could I forget that?? Check amazon. I bet you could get a copy pretty cheap.