Latochia Bell's Reviews > Possession

Possession by Melissa Schroeder

May 24, 12

Deacon Berg & Samantha Walters have been in a heated love/ fight/ and more love relationship for 10 years now. The two can't seem to get over the demons that keep apart. Falling in love at a young age, Deke was a Navy Seal with on a Mission who wasn't prepared for the life that Sam and he were destined for. And Sam had so many feeling on failed marriages, that she never gave her own a chance. The heat that arises between the two at Kade & Shannon's wedding is nothing new, but it starts things in motion that makes gives us a few shocks along the way.
I have to admit, starting the book, I wasn't sure I would be so drawn into Deke's story, but as I read on, his character became so sincere. The Seal in him didn't override his love for Sam, and it just took a while for that to show (like most men!) But this story wasn't one who let the blame fall all on the man. Sam came to realize her part in the destruction of the relationship. Once that was cleared up, they were able to work towards the important things and Melissa Schroeder did an excellent job of getting them there.
For someone who hasn't read the A Little Harmless Military Romance first book Infatuation, I would recommend it for the first glimpse at Deke. It does give some insight into how he still feels about Sam before the meet again in Hawaii.
So I personally fell in love with the Deke character. There was something so geniune about how Melissa portrayed him.
One of my favorite quotes from Deke:
"Did you go out right after we broke things off? Or did you go months thinking you had just lost the most precious thing in your life?
It was like that for me. I screwed up by walking out the door so many times."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possession.