Mantha's Reviews > An Escapade and An Engagement

An Escapade and An Engagement by Annie Burrows

May 31, 12

Read from May 20 to 29, 2012

I can normally read this type of book in a couple of evenings but this one really pushed the boundaries of credibility. It drifted along doing nothing for 2/3 of the book, then tried to tie it all up in just a couple of paragraphs, skipping information and decision making. It made me feel that an editor had just cut huge random swathes out to make it fit the required number of pages.
Unlikely to read again.

I have realised what is wrong with this book, it starts out with the hero 'speaking' then alternates between his and her point of view as normal but towards the end, where it felt rushed, we only get the heroine's p.o.v. hence the lack of decisions made by him being divulged to us.
2 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Escapade and An Engagement.

05/21/2012 "no idea which page I'm on, fell asleep whilst reading and dropped the book!"
05/21/2012 "page 36 is where I got to, we'll see how far I get tonight (should be finished or abandoned)"
45.0% "Have read more, story picking up speed, heroine pissing me off, stupid bint!"
60.0% "'Chillblain Jayne' is still annoying the hell outta me!"
75.0% "urgh! I'm going to finish this book simply because I hate to leave half way through, but I swear to God I would have smacked this girl from here to the far side of beyond! no woman is THAT stupid!!! grrrrr"