M.G. Bianco's Reviews > The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis

May 20, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Read in May, 2012

Day three of my week vacation in Narnia is here and I have completed the reading of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. A magnificent book!

There are many stories and adventures in this book, more than the movie had time to portray, and each of the characters are heroes in their own right. But, there is one character--although not the protagonist of the book--who is a great hero and very likely under-appreciated by many: Reepicheep.

The boys and men of our world would do well to learn from Reepicheep. He is a man's man, who protects women and the disadvantaged. He stands fast in the face of danger and adventure. He defends justice and honor. Yet, his person--a mouse--is symbolic of what we would consider weak and undesirable. God continues, through Reepicheep, to show us that his wisdom and strength are not always manifest in what we perceive to be wise and strong. Reepicheep is a hero that our boys should be taught of, and taught to imitate. He is a hero that we ourselves, as men, should learn from and imitate.

Reepicheep.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.