MandyM's Reviews > Armed & Dangerous

Armed & Dangerous by Abigail Roux

Dec 17, 14

bookshelves: m-m-romance
Read in May, 2012

3.5 stars. Book 5 had two distinct parts for me. The first, which I really enjoyed, was the road trip with Zane, Ty, Julian and Cameron. It was one of the more enjoyable plots in the series but I figured out the bad guy straight away. Plenty of believable action and snark between the unlikely foursome. It really made me want to read Warrior's Cross again.

The second part felt like a huge apology for events that occurred in Book 4. I don't think I've seen two male MC's say I love you as often as Zane and Ty did in this book. It was out of character and very girly. Zane has always been my favourite and I didn't enjoy seeing his usual taciturn, lethal persona change to a big old nelly. Lots of snuggling, kissing, hand-holding and purple prose. The big cliffhanger from last time turned out to be a non-event with Ty's apology accepted and Zane feeling guilty for being a nag in the first couple of pages. Nasty Nick also made a reappearance and the author was heavy-handed with reasons why he is such a great guy.

So four stars for the plot and 3 for the relationship. It's a fun read despite my personal reservations.
28 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armed & Dangerous.

The UHQ Nasanta The second part felt like a huge apology for events that occurred in Book 4. I don't think I've seen two male MC's say I love you as often as Zane and Ty did in this book. It was out of character and very girly. Zane has always been my favourite and I didn't enjoy seeing his usual taciturn, lethal persona change to a big old nelly. Lots of snuggling, kissing, hand-holding and purple prose.

I'm very happy to come across someone who felt the same way about this as I did. Thank you!

message 2: by Lola (last edited May 21, 2012 08:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lola I totally agree with your review, the second part in particular. Theirs nothing wrong with two MCs being really affectionate and saccharine sweet with each other, but that is not what I read this series for. I loved the fact that they were these quintessential guys guys (this includes the way they approach emotion), so this weird characterization was a bit of a bummer for me.

MandyM Thanks guys. I'm with you. It just didn't fit with the Ty and Zane I have in my head.

The UHQ Nasanta LOL. That's what I said in my review! :D "I loved the fact that they were these quintessential guys guys (this includes the way they approach emotion), so this weird characterization was a bit of a bummer for me" Yes! Me, too!

Chris It felt gushy. I'm not big on gushy.

MandyM I can handle sappy romance but what I used to like about these guys was their lack of sap! So yeah, a bit too gushy for me too. But otherwise fun.

The UHQ Nasanta MandyM wrote: "I can handle sappy romance but what I used to like about these guys was their lack of sap! So yeah, a bit too gushy for me too. But otherwise fun."

Agreed! They felt like ordinary guys in the previous books.

Perpetua MandyM wrote: "I can handle sappy romance but what I used to like about these guys was their lack of sap! So yeah, a bit too gushy for me too. But otherwise fun."

That is exactly what I thought!! I was expecting something different from Ty and Zane there was not nearly enough cranky banter between the two. It would have been ok to have this much sappyness in the book if it was the last in the series.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking! Lol

message 9: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D I see exactly what you're saying. Good points.

MandyM Thanks LD.:)

message 11: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D I just posted mine and agree with your 3 major points. They were small niggles for me though and overall I really enjoyed it.

George So what's with the continuity error of Zane meeting Nick?

MandyM I'm not sure what you mean George?