Reeses's Reviews > The Girl of Fire and Thorns

The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

Jun 06, 2015

bookshelves: ebooks, give-away
Read from January 11 to 12, 2015

Holy smokes this book was absolutely amazing. If we’re going to be honest I thought I was going to hate this book. Why? Well it was getting a lot of hype and many a time it’s a hit or a miss. Thankfully this one was a complete hit for me and I fell in love with this story.

Elisa is a fantastic character who I fell in love with from the first page, literally. Elisa is a heavy-set princess who was given a gift from the gods in the form of a stone in her belly. Elisa has dedicated her life to learning about what her purpose in life will be. Elisa has had a difficult life, her mother is gone, her father and sister distant. Elisa is sent off to marry a man she’s never met and doesn’t love at all. Elisa goes through so many trials, including being kidnapped and leading a revolution and falling in love with one of her kidnappers, except things don’t always go as planned and Elisa is forced to face a darkness beyond her imagining.

I loved Elisa’s character she has little power or training and yet kicks some major butt all on her own. She is a fantastic character as she strived at everything she did, she never gave up on anything she tried. I loved her perseverance and genuinely just everything about her.

The Girl of Fire and Thorn is an amazing story. Rae Carson perfectly crafted the most mystical charming world I’ve ever read. The story was flawless and magical and I loved it.

Honestly I cannot brag enough about this book, I’m so glad I finally got around to reading it. Some characters I loved, some I hated, which means flawless writing on Rae Carson’s part. The whole story was a whirlwind of drama, adventure, magic and love. I would definitely have your Kleenex ready because there are moments where you will need them.

This story has so many interesting twists and turns you won’t know what will happen next or who the bad people were or when danger or a romantic moment would strike. I can’t say this story could get any better, because it seriously couldn’t be.

All in all I love this book so so sooo much. I bought the other three books right away and cannot wait to dive into the magical world of Thorn and Fire again.

“God's will. How many times have I heard someone declare their understanding of this thing I find so indefinable?”
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl of Fire and Thorns.

01/11/2015 marked as: currently-reading