Margaret's Reviews > The Wanderer

The Wanderer by Shawn Kirsten Maravel

Jun 08, 12

bookshelves: 12-new-authors, review-books
Read from May 20 to June 08, 2012

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Even more than I did Shifting Gears. The Wanderer is the story of Max and Landon. Landon grew up bouncing from foster family to foster family, girl to girl, never settling on anyone or anything until he joined the Army. He served in the Army for over 15 years and now he was out. Retired. Time to make a life somewhere, even though he didn't have a plan.

The only plan Landon had was taking his Vulcan and traveling to Bend, Oregon to see the family his commanding officer and best friend left behind when he was killed. That was derailed, however, when Landon wrecked his bike in Wyoming and met Max. Max is like no one he's ever met before, opening her home to him without question while she fixes his bike.

Needless to say that this is a classic romance from a lot of perspectives, but it was more of a down to earth romance and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I laughed, I cried, I smiled and I could not get enough of their story. The characters are real, the reactions are real, it's easy to close your eyes and see the story play out before your eyes.

Legalese: I was provided a copy of this story in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my thoughts and views and have been influenced by no one.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wanderer.

06/08/2012 page 296
92.0% ""Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, as the saying goes. I guess Mother Nature's pretty pissed off.""