Stephanie Ward's Reviews > Loving Summer

Loving Summer by Kailin Gow

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: will-trade, owned, for-review
Read in June, 2012

'Loving Summer' is a perfect beach read! It's a contemporary young adult novel that centers around Summer and her childhood friends who spend their summer vacation at Aunt Sookie's beach house in Malibu. Summer is faced with a lot of teenage problems including boy trouble and finally getting noticed for her acting. This summer is not going to turn out at all like Summer or her friends had imagined, but is that a good thing or a bad one?

'Loving Summer' is a wonderful story about friendship, first love, and finding oneself. Kailin has an amazing and distinct voice as an author and she uses her talents in full force for this book. The setting and atmosphere of the book makes it a fun summer read, perfect for relaxing outside and sitting in the sun. All the characters are well formed and each has a unique personality that makes it easy to identify with them - especially the heroine, Summer. The narrative is well written and the story flows really well, which makes the book seem to fly by in no time at all. I am not a big fan of contemporary YA, but this book had me sucked in and smiling by the end. I highly recommend it to fans of Kailin's - new and old - as well as fans of light summery reads and contemporary YA fiction.

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loving Summer.