Ariana's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: emotional, bad-boy-good-girl, sweet-romance, ya-contemporary, self-published, n-a
Read from June 04 to 05, 2012

.. So easy to like, so easy to get lost into the story, so easy to get to the last page and wish for more...

4.5 stars.
Sometimes you don't really  think  if a book is good or not, it just works for you. You simply start reading it and the action feels so natural that you don't stop until you reach the last page. This is one of those stories.
It's hard to think of the reasons  why i liked it  so much, and I'm not even sure if it matters because usually what i like about a book is not what others might like - some books just work while others don't and I am always happy when i get to enjoy what I read.

This being said, I am not sure if these are my reasons to love it, but I am pretty sure that you will enjoy them all:

Jacqueline is my kind of character.
I liked her voice (smart and funny), her strong personality - after what almost happend to her in the beginning of the book she still could pretend that her life was (almost) the way it used to; she still managed to keep her head up and confront whatever it was to confront. Yes, she needed a bit of time to recover, but that only makes her human and that only makes me like her more.

If I had to describe her in a few words I would say that she was really stubborn and she almost always knew what she wanted (and how to get it).

Even though she still had some feelings for her ex she wouldn't have left him back in after that embarrassing break-up (that's the spirit!).
She also has a great best friend (Erin), a bit crazy but lovely nevertheless, and this made me happy because I love to read about good friends that can be there for each other. There was a lot of humor involved and that was also great because some topics were pretty hard to digest and my heart needed a few happy moments here and there.

Lucas - He is so sexy and mysterious and I loved how he seemed to play the same game Jacqueline was playing (that her friends made her play). I liked that he was spontaneous and at times not as predictable as Jacqueline wanted him to be. Not to mention that he is very talented at drawing - and I find this even more sexy than his dark, bad-boy-ish look.
(view spoiler)

Landon - Oh my, I want to go back to school. I need a tutor to flirt via email and I think that this smart guy might be just perfect for the job. I loved the e-mails between the 2 of them - they were so fun and flirty and cute.. and I found myself smiling more often than I thought I would.
“Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”

This story comes in a very big package - there is a lot of humor, there is some (hot) romance, but there are also some though subjects (view spoiler). There is the need to move on, there is the need to forget, there is the need to start over, and what makes this story special is the fact that all these things fit so perfectly together. You are not overwhelmed by them, but you can understand them, feel them.

There was one tiny thing I didn't particularly enjoy:
Buck - It's not only because he is the 'evil' character in the story, but because his personality was a bit inconsistent - he was there at the beginning, just a bit by the middle and then a bit near the ending. But between these moments he was mostly absent. I couldn't fear him, he didn't seem to be a threat... and oh, I wanted to kick his ass so damn badly!
Also I don't understand why didn't Lucas just called the police in the beginning (I understood why he didn't kill the bastard, even though in his state of mind he was pretty close to do it and I can't even judge him for that)... Still, without this fact we wouldn't have had a story to read, so I'll just let this go. But I didn't like him, just so you know.

I guess this is it; these days I am not too good at expressing my feelings for the books I like, but "Easy" is really good and easy to love, so I am sure that you will like it. Pick it up, read it, love it, and come back to talk more about it ;)

Happy midnight reading!

** This review can also be found at ReadingAfterMidnight.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

06/04/2012
0.0% ".. because I am that easy to convince to read a book when I still have to finish others ;)))" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Purcheria Oooo. 4.5 stars. I'm glad you liked it. Can't wait to hear your review.

message 2: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Must read this soon. So many glowing ratings!

message 3: by Amber J. (last edited Jun 22, 2012 09:50AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amber J. "Sometimes you don't really think if a book is good or not, it just works for you. You simply start reading it and the action feels so natural that you don't stop until you reach the last page. This is one of those stories."

I'm only 49% thru, but that ^ is definitely how I feel too while reading this story...but at this point I'm still having trouble understanding why Lucas is keeping his "secret".

And I think he probably didn't call the police because Jacqueline didn't want him to, and maybe he learned during his volunteer gig that forcing a woman to call the police might add to the trauma.

Awesome review :)

Ariana I suppose that by now you know why does he have a secret ;)) Poor Lucas *sigh*
As for not calling police, I am still not sure.
Yeah, I guess that he thought that it was better to take her some place safe and, as you say, he didn't want to force her into it (as 'forcing' is a key word here). But knowing his story somehow it's still not right.
Anyways, I loved the story, I hope that you did too ;)

Purcheria Ari, that is such a great review. i could not have expressed it better myself. The book just friggin' works on so many different levels.

Barbara (VampAngel) Great review. I LOVED this book. It really moved me. It was so real in a way, if that makes sense.

Ariana Thank you both. I am glad that you loved it too!
I want mooooore!

Arlene Ari, I just have to say, you have the most gorgeous reviews. I love the photo art you include as a backdrop to the book covers, as well as the other pictures you incorporate into your reviews. Of the books I've read and you've reviewed, I love.love.love to see the pictures you choose and seriously you pick the most appropriate ones. Anywho, didn't mean to write a review on your reviews. I just want you to know that I enjoy coming across them. That is all...

Ariana Thank you so much Arlene, it really means a lot to me! :)
I love making those graphics almost as much as I love reading the books, because they make me remember some of the scenes I liked in those stories... So you can imagine just how happy I am when other people are enjoying them as well.

Lilith Just finished reading Easy today. Your review is beautiful, as always.
As for my comment about the book, I feel like I've found my true love. Ah, Lucas. I hope I find you standing in front of my door one day. ;)

Ariana Ha! Take a number and wait for your turn because there are many girls waiting for this Lucas guy ;)))
And thanks, hun! I am happy to see that you loved it too ;)

message 12: by Lia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lia I just started reading this book, and your review makes me even more excited to read it :D

Ariana Aww.. thanks, dear!
I really hope that you will love it just as much ;)) Happy reading!

message 14: by Florentina (new) - added it

Florentina Is dis book gonna have another book....

message 15: by Florentina (new) - added it

Florentina cus i was gonna go get it in WH Smith bt am a kinda person that when i get a book i will wanna have the whole series wiv me....

Ariana As far as I know this is a standalone story. :) I hope you'll like it as much as I did.

message 17: by Florentina (new) - added it

Florentina I am so effing sure am gonna enjoy it Cus of d glowing comment am seeing nd Cus av read the back cover....

Evelyn Look at that gorgeous photo! Who is that guy, does anybody know? I've seen him and the girl on a couple of other covers.

Ariana I don't know. I just saw the pack of pictures (featuring this couple) bought by the author to use on the covers. But didn't see any mention about the name of the models.

Ronyell Awesome review Ariana!!! I also didn't like Buck myself since he was such a bully and I wanted Lucas to beat him up so badly (although he did so at the beginning!)

Ariana Yep, same here.
And I didn't understand Buck's reasons for being the way he was, but then again with this kind of people there is no need for reasons ;))
Lucas was a cutie though!

Ronyell Ariana wrote: "Yep, same here.
Lucas was a cutie though!"

I agree!! Lucas was a hottie!!! Just posted my review after trying to think how I would vent my feelings on this book!

message 23: by Inda (new) - rated it 4 stars

Inda This exact cover is the background for the Splat Haircolor website. Except her hair is pink in the photo but their posed the same way. Odd.

Ariana It's from a collection of stock images. Everyone can buy it and use it. Of course, I wouldn't like to buy hair products from someone that uses stock images - show me how your product works, as in photoshop I can paint my hair pink all by myself *sigh*

message 25: by Nins (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nins Hey Lucas' NACrushTourney match is today. Head over to NA Alley to vote

Here's the link direct to Lucas' match http://bit.ly/19Q05dG

message 26: by Ariana (last edited Jul 02, 2013 11:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ariana That Trent guy seems like a nice match, but hey! I am such a Lucas fan it almost feels unfair.. ;))

message 27: by Nins (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nins Ariana wrote: "That Trent guy seems like a nice match, but hey! I am such a Lucas fan it almost feels unfair.. ;))"

I just hope he wont face Travis cause im going to be having a really difficult time, haha.

But Lucas all the way!