Ashley Propes's Reviews > Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells

F 50x66
May 20, 2012

Sidda is from Louisian. Let me say Louisian is the heart of Catholic people and the home of religious practice. ViVi (Sidda's mother) created the Ya-Ya Sisterhood in the midst 1959. Sidda didnt really have the best childhood...She moved to New York to get away from her mother and her crazy mothers friends and now she is now engaged and happy. Until, She writes a paper in New York Magazine about her past, and she said something about her mom that came out wrong in a negative way. Her mothers friends come to visit Siida and end up kidnapping and drugging Siddda to get her to come back home to ViVi. On the journey of her being back home she finds out secrets about her mothers past..how she was a bad wife, how she was madly in love with someone else before her father, and how her mother wanted nothing better than happieness for Sidda. Sidda learns to except the past and love her mother unconditionaly, and then later become one of Ya-Yas.
My personal opion of this book was flawless. I loved it. It made me cry a bunch because of how deep it got with the whole past of their parents and fmaily. It was crazy how far their family went to get the truth out and make everyone love eachother again..
I recommend this book to really anyone. Young or old is fine. It's a perfect sit down book and teens and adults would love to read this. I know i did so why wouldn't others?
One connecetion i had with this book is how close the truth brings my family just like it did to theirs. Also, is how close me and mom ended up being. We had a rough past just like Sidda and ViVi and now we are closer than ever. Again this book was amazing and i really enjoied reading it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.