Zoe's Reviews > Warm Bodies

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

May 20, 12

bookshelves: death, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, romance, supernatural, teen, tragedy, young-adult
Read from May 19 to 20, 2012, read count: 1

I truly loved this novel. It's not the greatest novel ever written, but the telling of the story and the message it conveys is original and brilliant. R is just the sweetest zombie guy ever, and the story is told from his view. The tone gives an impression of a "coming-of-age" story, but don't let that put you anti-hipsters off. Don't let the zombie theme put you off either, as told in this story - zombies have feelings too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Warm Bodies.

Quotes Zoe Liked

Isaac Marion
“There is no ideal world for you to wait around for. The world is always just what it is now, and it's up to you how you respond to it.”

Isaac Marion
“I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks, but I'm drowning in ellipses.”

Isaac Marion
“I can feel it... the chance to start over, to live right, to love right, to burn up in a fiery cloud and never again be buried in the mud.”

Isaac Marion
“I am Dead, but it's not so bad. I've learned to live with it.”

Isaac Marion
“In my mind I am eloquent; I can climb intricate scaffolds of words to reach the highest cathedral ceilings and paint my thoughts. But when I open my mouth, everything collapses.”