Pooja (On books!)'s Reviews > Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: arc, mindblowing, net-galley, swooon, swoon-worthy-protag
Read from July 15 to 20, 2012

Pushing the Limits had me hooked from the first page. It was impossible not to be involved in this intense and gripping read that evoked a multitude of emotions!

Noah and his brothers lost their parents in a fire. Noah wants nothing more than to graduate high school and take his brothers away from foster care so that they can be a family again. Echo used to be a popular girl before a horrible night she can't even remember that left her with scars everyone is gossiping about. Their worlds unexpectedly collide when they are both mandated by the State to attend therapy sessions with Mrs. Collins, a clinical social worker.

How can I describe my feelings towards this book? It had me thoroughly involved. Noah and Echo were as much a part of my week as the zillion trivial and/ major things that happened to me in real life. The minute I turned on my e-reader and got back to where I'd left off, it felt like I was sinking back into their world. Would Echo be all right? What was her mind not letting her remember? Would Noah lash out and do something reckless? What was Mrs. Collins up to?

I've never rooted for anyone more than I rooted for Noah and Echo to get their lives back on track. And thanks to Mrs. Collins, they do... step by step. She was definitely one of my favourite characters of all time. Others in Noah's and Echo's life also made all the difference. I was on the fence when it came to Noah's friends, Beth and Isaiah but grew to really like them. Echo's friends, on the other hand, were a mixed bag. Grace, who avoids Echo in public because she does not want to be "seen with her", felt all too familiar to me. People like her are everywhere!

And the things you've heard in and around the blogosphere about Noah? All true. He was swoon. I could picture firecrackers being lit in the background as they fell for each other... the chemistry between Echo and Noah was mind blowing! I'm sure Echo wouldn't have been able to survive her senior year without him... what with things at home being equally complex for her. The horrible night that was lost to her for a long time was filled with multiple family betrayals.

Pushing the Limits is amazing on so many levels and I guarantee that Noah and Echo's story deserves your undivided attention!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.

60.0% "Oh, the intensity!!"