Marla's Reviews > Molly's Soap Parlor - Molly Watkins Chronicles

5192827
May 19, 12

bookshelves: kindle-library
Read in May, 2012

The blurb about this sound a lot like Flash Gold, which I loved, so at two bucks I got it. Very disappointing. As another review pointed out it needed some better editing, things like she used instead of her, wrong verb tenses(which, if I noticed must be pretty bad) and at one point something was alluded to so obtusely I couldn't figure out what they were talking about, either that or some section of text got left out. Plus sentences like this just pulled me out of the story, Bubble flowed from the steam bath like a young girl's hope and dreams. I don't know, it just struck me as odd and not flowing with the rest of the story. Sentences like that would occasionally appear in the story and pull me out of the story. Also, Flash Gold had, well, flash gold which, while not fully explained, made more sense, this story has a soap powder that can be used to clean clothes, as a bath soap and as a power source, just odd.

I hate to be such a Debbie Downer, but I guess I was just expecting good things because of the blurb and was really disappointed. I wish I could give half stars then I would have given it 1.5, but it was cheap so I'll go with two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Molly's Soap Parlor - Molly Watkins Chronicles.